Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Right-Handed

For a couple of months we've known Odin was right-handed but today as we were eating wild blueberries (they grow wild here and everywhere!) it really struck me. Every blueberry Odin ate he picked up with his right hand. Odin loves blueberries. Yesterday while we were picking them mom sat him down in the middle of the forest so she could do some picking. She noticed that Odin too was picking blueberries although at a much slower rate and he was eating them instead of putting them in the bucket!

Today while we were playing outside Odin, for the first time ever, stood by himself without any support. It was only for a few seconds, none-the-less we were very excited. Odin has become a chatterbox, though we don't recognize any words. And just as I was writing this, Odin gave me a kiss, stole the glasses off my face and then gave me his famous smile (he's such the charmer).

Pictures soon to come!!!